Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Man and Machine

Dave was at his desk, eating his usual brunch-box of baby carrots, box of grapes, box of cut zucchini, a banana. My eyes were stuck on the new entry there -a box with something green inside. He noticed that it had caught my attention, opened the box for me.

Dave: Doctor asked me to eat green leafy vegetables. So, I have added Spinach to my list !

The box had fresh Spinach leaves and I saw him go "munch" at one of the raw ones !!! I was horrified by what I just saw !

Me: Dave, cave man were eating things this way. We are in an advanced era and now we have recipes to turn these raw leaves and vegetables into something yummy.

Dave: But in the grocery store that I picked these leaves from, there were no 'instructions on method of use' like boil for 10 minutes or cook 3 leaves with 2tsp of salt or so, printed on any of these items. However since the doctor insisted that I should eat these, I am eating them raw, as I didn't find those instructions !



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave is a project manager?

Suma said...

Hey Adi !

Dave is not a project manager :-)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.